The 40th Annual Festival of the Horse Gallops into Kentucky Horse Headquarters
Popular celebration brings wealth of Kentucky crafts and musicians
for their big anniversary year!
GEORGETOWN, KY – AUGUST 17, 2021 – The 40th Annual Festival of the Horse gallops into Kentucky Horse Headquarters the weekend of September 10-12, bringing with it more Kentucky craft vendors than ever before. Expect the fest to be back in full swing in anticipation of marking its 40th anniversary, with local headlining musicians, a variety of awesome vendors, a craft beer garden, all of your favorite festival foods, family-fun activities like Fox Creek Amusement rides as well as the Toyota Grand Parade of Horses, the Georgetown Community Hospital Colt & Filly Review Parade, Horse Show & Games and more at this free-admission event that celebrates the role of the horse and its heritage.
As this year’s Festival of the Horse will align with the 20th anniversary of September 11th, the Toyota Grand Parade of Horses will be paying special tribute to first responders, police, fire, EMS, EMA and veterans throughout the country. Local first responders/veterans will be taking up the position of Grand Marshall and honoring all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service of the nation.
Live music takes centerstage all weekend with more than a dozen local and regional artists performing on the Country Boy Stage. Featuring No Deceit, Coaltown Dixie, The Ox-Eyed Daisies and more!
Fest fun facts
• 80+ vendor booths, ranging from handmade woodworking and crafts to jewelry, apparel and home décor, located along Main Street.
• Numerous food and beer vendors highlighting gelato, brews, international cuisine, gourmet burgers and more.
• Festival activities: Georgetown Community Hospital’s Colt & Filly Review Parade – the largest parade in the county (Sept. 10 at 6:30 p.m.); Horse Games (Sept. 11 at 9 a.m.); Toyota’s Grand Parade of Horses (Sept. 11 at 5 p.m.); Horse Show (Sept. 12 at 1 p.m.)
• Other festival events: Movies in the Park, featuring “Racing Stripes,” Booiaka, and Paws in the Pool on Sept. 12th
• Toyota’s Grand Parade of Horses will be led by local first responders/veterans taking up the position of Grand Marshall and honoring those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in service of the nation
• Amusement Rides by Fox Creek Amusements located in the City Hall Parking Lot.
• Sponsors include Toyota, Country Boy Brewing, Georgetown Community Hospital, Celebrate Georgetown and Georgetown/Scott County Tourism Commission.
Date Friday-Sunday, Sept. 10-12, 2021
Friday: 4-10 p.m., featuring the Colt & Filly Review Parade at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m., featuring the Harrison County Boot Stompers at 11:30am and the Toyota Grand Parade of Horses at 5 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m.- 5 p.m., with Scott County Humane Society’s Pet Parade, 1:30 p.m.
For more information about the Festival of the Horse, the live music lineup or other activities, visit www.GeorgetownKy.com.