Georgetown Community Hospital’s
Colt & Filly Review Parade
Friday, September 6, 2024 at 6:30 p.m.
The Georgetown Community Hospital’s Colt & Filly Review Children’s Parade returns Friday, Sept. 6 during the 43rd Annual Festival of the Horse!
Print/Download parade application below:
Fill out an application online HERE.
Download a printable application HERE.
- The assumption of risk form is required (groups may complete one form to resume responsibility for entire party).
- ALL entries are judged and must be decorated with identifying signage.
- Flyers, pamphlets, etc. are NOT permitted.
- Candy passing is allowed but candy throwing is NOT. Please supervise those who are handling the candy.
- No one may get off their float or stand on floats at anytime during the parade route. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- All floats must have adult walkers alongside to adhere to the safety of those onboard.
- Groups are responsible for keeping up with their own drop-off and pick-up location.
- Parade formation begins at 5pm, no earlier! All must be in place by 6pm for the parade at 6:30pm.
- Floats and vehicles are to line up on Military Street facing Main Street.
- Walkers are to line up on Memorial Drive facing Main Street.
- Due to noise, lights and candy passing – We DO NOT recommend horse units participate in this parade. All horse units should participate in the Saturday nights all-horse parade.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor – Georgetown Community Hospital
Special thanks to our parade volunteers at Georgetown-Scott County Parks & Recreation.